JOCO Mold Removal Services
"Molds are fungi that can be found both indoors and outdoors. No one knows how many species of fungi exist but estimates range from tens of thousands to perhaps three hundred thousand or more. Molds grow best in warm, damp, and humid conditions, and spread and reproduce by making spores. Molds are found in virtually every environment and can be detected, both indoors and outdoors, year round. Mold growth is encouraged by warm and humid conditions. Indoors they can be found where humidity levels are high, such as basements or showers.In 2004 the Institute of Medicine (IOM) found there was sufficient evidence to link indoor exposure to mold with upper respiratory tract symptoms, cough, and wheeze in otherwise healthy people; with asthma symptoms in people with asthma; and with hypersensitivity pneumonitis in individuals susceptible to that immune-mediated condition. The IOM also found limited or suggestive evidence linking indoor mold exposure and respiratory illness in otherwise healthy children. Other recent studies have suggested a potential link of early mold exposure to development of asthma in some children."
Center for Disease Control on Molds, Air Pollution and Indoor Air Quality
Our understanding of the critical elements involved enable us to take a reasonable approach in the remediation of mold in various environments and scenarios. JOCO Plumbing brings unique expertise to the resolution of your issues.
Signs and Symptoms to Look for
- Is there a musty smell in the building?
- Are there visible signs of water damage anywhere?
- Has the building ever suffered a roof, basement or plumbing leak?
- Is there visible signs of black mold in the basement, bathrooms cabinets,attic or living area?
- Do you or anyone in your home suffer from headaches, chronic sinus issues, chronic cough or sore throat, skin rashes, fatigue or insomnia?
Small patches or spots to excessive spreads ... we see this everyday. Painting over, bleach or vinegar doesn't kill the mold spores.
They are temporary band-aids to long term and dangerous problems.
What We Do
- Provide Strategic Response
- Do a Proper Assessment
- Implement Engineering Controls
- Use State-of-the-art equipment
- Implement Risk-specific protocols
- Provide Measured results
- Use Highly-experienced remediation teams
You can trust our quality with a written guarantee.
24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
Call us at 913.353.0069 and we will come by at a time that is convenient to you.